MPEG-DASH is a leading adaptive bitrate streaming technique that enables streaming of media content over the Internet delivered from conventional HTTP web servers.
Advantages of using this integration:
- Independent stable international/global open source standard.
- Multi-video and audio tracks: delivering the complexity of a DVD or Blu-ray experience, Adaptive BitRate (ABR) support with multiple synchronized video and audio options.
- Common encryption: one-time encryption and packaging of content allowing simultaneous use of multiple DRM technologies.
- Efficient ad insertion: server-based (SSAI) and client-based (CSAI) targeted ad-insertion through the use of periods.
- Support for multiple CDNs/caches with the same manifest: providing flexibility to define multiple base URL in the manifest.
- Ease of integration: DASH will work on almost any HTTP server, with no requirement to invest in new vendor-specific ecosystems or invest in specialized DASH-specific infrastructure.
- Support for low latency streaming solutions (CMAF).