New York City, United States
As a Solution Architect at THEO Technologies, you will be responsible for supporting sales and project management in developing and delivering projects for our customers. You will also support customers directly with services requests during and after onboarding of our products into their application. You will help facilitate and enrich the solution for THEO Technologies’ major customers, which will be used by millions of end-users worldwide. You will collaborate on the technical aspects of our product portfolio with customers, sales, product, development teams and technology partners, directly supporting our business engagements.
What you'll learn and do
- Support project managers, sales, product owners and engineering with technical requirements capture and definition of software development work in customers environments based on THEO Technologies product portfolio;
- Supporting sales team in mapping detailed technical customer requirement by describing product capabilities, limitation and extensions;
- Advice in collaboration with engineering teams, partners and business, the customer and sales on the most suitable solution for the problem statement;
- Formulation of software and solution architecture and guide project management and sales with implementation scope;
- Investigate and answer customer service request tickets, being is bugs, feature requests or technical questions. This includes execute or ensure code review of implementation of customers using our THEO Technologies products;
- Collaborate with partners and customer facing teams on positioning THEO Technologies software products as components into their larger customer or reference solutions.
- Identify, define and scope out software integration of THEO Technologies products as components in new or existing solutions for our global customers;
- Act as technical consultant handling service request or project activities, including bridging gaps between customer, engineering and partner teams;
- Actively solve solution problems across organizational boundaries;
- Understanding THEO Technologies strategic and competitive position and delivering additional features on top that are recognized best in industry.
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a scale-up on a mission to change the way the world streams video over the internet. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which enables our customers to stream videos on all kinds of devices and platforms (Web, Android, iOS, Roku, ...). Chances are high you have used it already. Maybe watched a video on Vrt Nu, Yelo or CNN? That's all THEOplayer! It offers a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics and so on.
Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP (High Efficiency Streaming Protocol). While making it an industry standard, we also offer it for end-users as a full streaming infrastructure package on THEOLive.
In our industry it's not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and grow.
- A few years of full-time experience in software development, including working with customers on requirements and positioning software engineering in a solution;
- Experience in web-application solutions, understanding of how html video libraries, UI libraries, web services, web protocols and other components can interact as a business solution, preferable in pay-tv or web video delivery;
- Experience of online or other video industry, developing online media, video or advertising technology products is a big plus;
- Knowledge of software architecture and Agile development process;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentations skills in English. Additional European languages are a plus;
- Experience in working with customers, remote and face-to-face discussing requirements and development solutions;
- Willingness to grow from technical execution into a more customer-oriented role;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment;
- Tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: courteous, well-spoken and polished;
What we offer
- A versatile full-time job in the animated city Leuven.
- An attractive salary with plenty of extra benefits.
- Relaxed and fun atmosphere.
- A stimulating working environment with stunning colleagues.
- Personal development: a chance to grow and to develop your strengths while working with many bright minds.
- Flexible hours and working from home.
- Regular and fun team activities.