THEOplayer plays a pivotal role in the rapidly evolving online video landscape. We provide high-impact media solutions for media companies around the world that enables them to offer exceptional video experiences across any device.
We are recognized and respected by some of the world’s biggest media companies including CNN, BT, NBC, KPN and VRT. With a growth of 2.076 %, THEO Technologies was awarded as Fastest Growing Technology Company in the Media and Entertainment Category in the Belgian Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Awards.
As one of the fastest growing SaaS-based technology companies with a very international, driven and innovative team, THEO Technologies is headquartered in Leuven (Belgium) with offices in San Francisco (USA), New York (USA) and Singapore.
Our culture is based on thrust, high performance and self-development where we believe in a more organic culture with the right balances and motivations.
To support our growth, we are looking for an experienced HR Manager. As HR Manager, you will play a crucial role in refining and executing the HR processes and policies, including the ones needed to help people set and achieve their career goals and grow their personal skillsets. You will also be the key contact person for the management team in all people related matters and serve as their main interface for the HR team.
As a result, you will set the strategic direction on talent, learning, career and leadership development across our company, ensuring the business retains its talent and engages colleagues to deliver excellence in performance.
In this role you will be able to put your stamp on growing the business. It is one of the most exciting times in our company’s history and a truly amazing time to be joining us.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You lead the HR team;
- You work closely together with the management team to identify employee needs and guaranteeing an A+ team and a pleasant work environment;
- You are the interface towards the management team for all people related management questions;
- You identify and develop best practices for recruitment with a focus on operational excellence: develop and improve internal processes ensuring consistent candidate experience, job descriptions, interview techniques and evaluate/develop/train the tools for the team;
- You manage the compensation and benefits as well as employee contracts;
- You ensure organization of recruitment events to attract the best talents from universities together with the Head of Talent;
- You are responsible for Employer Branding: build a cohesive talent acquisition vision encompassing the branding/attraction of diverse, values-aligned talent at all levels (campus to executive);
- You organize the processes for onboarding new employees in our company;
- You guide the HR team to plan careers and performance reviews within the company;
- You promote a continuous learning culture throughout the company and develop employees;
- You draw up, implement and manage employee company policies;
- You provide full HR generalist support and communicate with payroll on new hires and changes in contracts. You will be supported by our finance team and external payroll administration partner SD Worx for administration needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar HR role;
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, in English and Dutch;
- You motivate, coach, develop and engage employees as inspiring, driven and enthusiastic HR Manager. Your drive will motivate you to go the extra mile in engaging others;
- You are hands-on, pragmatic and decisive with a no-nonsense attitude. You remain calm in difficult circumstances and take decisions;
- You are an expert in the Belgian social legislation. Experience with hiring and welcoming foreign employees is a plus;
- You adapt quickly and feel comfortable with frequent change;
- You can work independently in a dynamic, fast paced environment;
- You are detail-oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills;
- You have a “can do” attitude and a solution driven mentality;
- You have tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm.