Junior Software Developer
Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a fast growing scale-up on a mission to make streaming video better than broadcast. The media industry is rapidly changing where media consumption patterns have shifted to online video. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which simplifies video streaming with a universal video player across devices and platforms (browser, Android, iOS, Roku and many more) offering a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics, etc. Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP.
In our industry it’s not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and self-develop.
Ever seen the last COVID update on vrtnu? That’s us! Watched a movie through Yugo or Yelo? That’s us! Followed the American presidential election on CNN, also us!
We are looking for a junior software engineer to strengthen the Engineering team at THEO Technologies.
Being a cross-platform solution, the THEOplayer codebase is developed in a hybrid of TypeScript and native languages like Java, Kotlin and Swift.
We are looking for someone who likes challenges and learns by doing and exploring. Someone with a curious nature that learns and adapts quickly to technology (Typescript, Swift, Java,) and different platforms (Tizen, WebOS, Browsers, Android and iOS).
You get the chance to share your knowledge with your colleagues and have the opportunity to learn from them.
You love the challenge of a technically complex product and believe that every technical challenge can be overcome by good architecture, clean code and teamwork.
All our engineers are both specialists in certain domains and generalists in our technology. We are a fast-growing company, which creates many opportunities to constantly evolve and grow in your role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As one of our engineers, you help design, develop and maintain the THEOplayer SDKs, available on Mobile, Set-top boxes and TV;
- You’re a vibrant part of our team of passionate developers.
- Work together with product managers to analyze functional requirements and design, document and implement an appropriate solution;
- Work together with in-house testers to bring the quality of our solutions to a world-class level;
- Occasionally, you work directly with our customers to help them deploy our product in their Android apps and resolve any issues they are facing;
- You work in an agile team. This means you should feel comfortable with working in short sprints, pair programming, daily standups, test-driven development, …
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, Computer science or related field;
- Interest in common software engineering practices like version management, git, unit testing, code documentation, CI/CD, ...
- You’re a team player that knows when to work together and when to fly solo;
- You love the challenges and atmosphere of a young and fast-growing company.