Junior Technical Support Engineer
Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a fast growing scale-up on a mission to make streaming video better than broadcast. The media industry is rapidly changing where media consumption patterns have shifted to online video. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which simplifies video streaming with a universal video player across devices and platforms (browser, Android, iOS, Roku and many more) offering a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics, etc. Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP.
In our industry it’s not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and self-develop.
Ever seen the last COVID update on vrtnu? That’s us! Watched a movie through Yugo or Yelo? That’s us! Followed the American presidential election on CNN, also us!
At THEO Technologies the Technical Support Engineer is one of our product HEROES. You know hands-on the ins and outs of our product and technology. You help shape the future of online video experience by supporting our customers with integrating our products into their video solutions and extending our cross-platform test automation ensuring best quality deliveries.
We are looking for someone who likes challenges and learns by doing and exploring. Someone with a curious nature that learns and adapts quickly to technology (Node.js, Typescript, Swift, Java, MQTT, Docker) and different platforms (Tizen, WebOS, Browsers, Android and iOS).
You get the chance to share your knowledge with your colleagues and have the opportunity to learn from them.
All our engineers are both specialists in certain domains and generalists in our technology. We are a fast-growing company, which creates many opportunities to constantly evolve and grow in your role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As one of our product hero’s you support our customers with integrating our solutions on Mobile, Set-top-boxes and tv.
- You extend our cross-platform test automation framework with new scripts, new features and to new platforms.
- You’re a vibrant part of our team of passionate engineers.
- Work together with developers and product owners to verify if new product developments are matching the end users expectations.
- Work together with our development teams to bring the quality of our solutions to a world-class level through automated test-scripts on all different platforms.
- You work directly with our customers to help them integrate our product into their end-to-end solutions and resolve issues they are facing.
- You represent the values, mission and brand image of our company being the primary contact for our customers.
- You work in a cross-functional team. This means you should feel comfortable working in different technologies across the platforms we support.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT, Computer science or related field;
- Experience or willing to learn common software engineering practices like version management, git, unit testing, code documentation, CI/CD, ...
- You have excellent communication skills in English, because you’ll be explaining deep technical topics to a less technical audience.
- You get thrilled by understanding a customer's requirements and providing the appropriate straightforward solutions.
- You’re a team player that knows when to work together and when to fly solo;
- You love the challenges and atmosphere of a young and fast-growing company.