New York City, United States
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a fast growing scale-up on a mission to change the way the world streams video over the internet. We empower the world’s leading media and entertainment companies to deliver cutting-edge video services, efficiently and on any device. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which simplifies video streaming with a universal video player across different devices and platforms (browser, Android, iOS, Roku, ...) offering a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics, and so on. Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP (High Efficiency Streaming Protocol).
In our industry it’s not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and grow.
Ever seen the last COVID update on vrtnu? That’s us! Have you ever streamed a movie through VOO TV, Yugo or Yelo? That’s us! Have you watched the American presidential election on CNN? Also us!
THEO Technologies is looking for a proven, high-performing Sales Director to help us meet our ambitious growth objectives in the online video industry. We are looking for a charismatic and motivational leader who can help take our business to the next level.
The role reports to the VP Sales and will involve managing an active customer pipeline and closing new business to deliver exceptional revenue growth in our fast-growing global industry. Target customers will be telecommunications service providers, online video publishers, broadcasters and content producers across all regions of the world.
The online video industry is growing at lightning speed. THEOplayer plays a pivotal role in the evolving video landscape and is a recognised market leader in the video player domain. In 2017 THEOplayer won the Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player /SDK category, confirming its game changing role.
The successful candidate has experience in the IPTV, OTT, broadcast and/or publishing market, history of strategic account management and with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
We value proven experience, prior success, intelligence and work ethic.
What you'll learn and do
- Develop plans and strategies for growing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Work as a key part of a dynamic team to drive sales across segments and regions.
- Management of a Sales Squad focused on achieving sales targets.
- Identify, sell to and manage key customer relationships and close or participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Management and upselling into existing Tier 1 accounts.
- Budget management.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting & reporting.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity.
- Responsibility for developing a repeatable strategic account framework in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Bring your experience and ideas to advance our company's vision for the future.
- Travel occasionally for conferences, events and customer meetings.
- Be a brand enthusiast for THEOplayer.
- 10+ years of successful B2B sales experience in a revenue closing executive role.
- Knowledge of the online video industry (IPTV, OTT, broadcast and/or publishing) is imperative.
- Be familiar with both SaaS and Enterprise business models.
- Proven track record managing and achieving aggressive growth goals.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to rapidly up-skill.
- Strong relationship building ability including sustaining long-term customer relationships.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial, with a bias towards action and a collaborative nature.
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: courteous, well-spoken and polished.
- Tons of energy, passion, humour and enthusiasm.
- Understand the dynamics of an international fast-growing scale-up.