New York City, United States
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a deep tech B2B company, on a mission to shape the rapidly evolving online video landscape. The media industry that we have long known is rapidly changing. Media consumption patterns have shifted towards online video. As a company we provide high-impact media solutions for media companies around the world that enables them to offer exceptional video experiences across any device.
With our flagship product THEOplayer, used by tier 1 media companies worldwide, we are a recognised market leader in the video playback domain. The company has been awarded the Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player category for the last 3 years running (2017, 2018, 2019), confirming its game changing role.
THEO was awarded the Fastest Growing Technology Company in the Media and Entertainment Category in the Belgian Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Awards in both 2018 and 2019.
Our culture is based on trust, high performance and self-development where we believe in a more organic culture with the right balances and motivations.
THEOplayer is looking for a proven, high-performing Sales Director to help us meet our ambitious growth objectives in the online video industry. We are looking for a charismatic and motivational leader who can help take our business to the next level.
The role reports to the VP Sales and will involve managing an active customer pipeline and closing new business to deliver exceptional revenue growth in our fast-growing global industry. Target customers will be telecommunications service providers, online video publishers, broadcasters and content producers across all regions of the world.
The online video industry is growing at lightning speed. THEOplayer plays a pivotal role in the evolving video landscape and is a recognised market leader in the video player domain. In 2017 THEOplayer won the Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player /SDK category, confirming its game changing role.
The successful candidate has experience in the IPTV, OTT, broadcast and/or publishing market, history of strategic account management and with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
We value proven experience, prior success, intelligence and work ethic.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop plans and strategies for growing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Work as a key part of a dynamic team to drive sales across segments and regions.
- Management of a Sales Squad focused on achieving sales targets.
- Identify, sell to and manage key customer relationships and close or participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Management and upselling into existing Tier 1 accounts.
- Budget management.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting & reporting.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity.
- Responsibility for developing a repeatable strategic account framework in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Bring your experience and ideas to advance our company's vision for the future.
- Travel occasionally for conferences, events and customer meetings.
- Be a brand enthusiast for THEOplayer.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of successful B2B sales experience in a revenue closing executive role.
- Knowledge of the online video industry (IPTV, OTT, broadcast and/or publishing) is imperative.
- Be familiar with both SaaS and Enterprise business models.
- Proven track record managing and achieving aggressive growth goals.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to rapidly up-skill.
- Strong relationship building ability including sustaining long-term customer relationships.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial, with a bias towards action and a collaborative nature.
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: courteous, well-spoken and polished.
- Tons of energy, passion, humour and enthusiasm.
- Understand the dynamics of an international fast-growing scale-up.