New York City, United States
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a deep tech B2B company, on a mission to shape the rapidly evolving online video landscape. The media industry that we have long known is rapidly changing. Media consumption patterns have shifted towards online video. As a company we provide high-impact media solutions for media companies around the world that enables them to offer exceptional video experiences across any device.
With our flagship product THEOplayer, used by tier 1 media companies worldwide, we are a recognised market leader in the video playback domain. The company has been awarded the Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player category for the last 3 years running (2017, 2018, 2019), confirming its game changing role.
THEO was awarded the Fastest Growing Technology Company in the Media and Entertainment Category in the Belgian Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Awards in both 2018 and 2019.
Our culture is based on trust, high performance and self-development where we believe in a more organic culture with the right balances and motivations.
THEO Technologies is the global leader in the delivery of premium video play-out technologies. Among our customer base are some of the largest and influential brands in the world. To further accelerate this growth the company has created a division focused purely on engaging and securing the top 10 most strategic accounts. The role of Strategic Account Manager will be instrumental in achieving this goal.
The position will report directly to the SVP, Strategic Accounts and will be exposed to account planning, strategizing, managing, negotiating and closing the largest and most strategic accounts in the opportunity pipeline. Your daily activity will involve you interacting with the companies and individuals which define the global market for video services. As a result the visibility and importance of the role both internally and externally will be significant.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter who is driven by success.
The online video industry is growing at lightning speed. THEOplayer plays a pivotal role in the evolving video landscape and is a recognized market leader in the video player domain. The company has been awarded the coveted Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player / SDK category for the last 3 years running (2017, 2018, 2019), confirming its game changing role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Research the market and address a portfolio of top 10 target customers, working with relevant industry sector leads to do so;
- Position yourself and THEO Technologies as a valuable ally;
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge;
- Take the lead in Sales strategy, pricing strategy, negotiating and overall general deal making;
- Develop and maintain New Key Customer plans in which budgeted targets are translated into specific strategy and resulting actions;
- Develop, own and manage key customer engagements across accounts;
- Take responsibility for the daily management of the Sales CRM across the top 10 strategic target accounts;
- Document and track opportunity progress in our Sales CRM, whereby you keep detailed notes on prospect interactions and provide forecasts over relevant time periods;
- Systematically monitor and report customer, market and competitor activity to help refine the approach per target account;
- Represent the company at conferences, events and customer meetings;
- Be a brand enthusiast for THEOplayer.
- You have a relevant master or bachelor degree;
- 3+ years of experience in sales, business development, consulting or key account management;
- Be familiar with both SaaS and Enterprise business models;
- Knowledge of the online video industry (IPTV, OTT, broadcast and/or publishing) would be of significant benefit;
- You have the “hunter” spirit which means you have an inner drive to get out there and a strong focus on closing deals;
- Strong customer facing skills across all levels of an organisation (ability to create quick rapport);
- Strategic mindset but with the ability to execute;
- Articulate with exceptional English communications and interpersonal skills (written and verbal);
- Open to international travel (up to 30%).
What We Offer
- Passionate colleagues looking at redefining the video industry;
- A versatile full-time job in the animated city of New York;
- A competitive salary with plenty of extra benefits;
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up conquering the world;
- A place to learn and get in touch with the cutting edge of online video;
- The company itself is doing exceptionally well. For career-motivated people, there will be upward mobility;
- A stimulating working environment;
- Flexible hours;
- Regular and fun team activities.