Senior Customer Success Engineer
Leuven, Belgium (Europe), or remote
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a fast growing scale-up on a mission to change the way the world streams video over the internet. We empower the world’s leading media and entertainment companies to deliver cutting-edge video services, efficiently and on any device. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which simplifies video streaming with a universal video player across different devices and platforms (browser, Android, iOS, Roku, ...) offering a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics, and so on. Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP (High Efficiency Streaming Protocol).
In our industry it’s not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and grow.
Ever seen live football on BT Sports? That’s us! Have you ever streamed a movie through RAI, VRT NU or Peacock? That’s us! Have you watched the American presidential election on CNN? Also us!
As a Senior Customer Success Engineer at THEO Technologies, you’re the champion of our customers. You’re the product and industry expert, passionate about working with code and with people. You assist the sales team with closing deals, facilitate the onboarding of new customers, and provide support to existing customers.
You will deal with the world leading Publishers, Broadcasters, TV service providers and OTT video providers on a daily basis. You will collaborate on all technical aspects of our solution portfolio with customers, sales, product management and the development teams to continue to define the leading edge of streaming media.
In summary, you will be instrumental in growing the business and will contribute to successful delivery on customer projects world-wide.
What you'll learn and do
- Collaborate with partners and customer facing teams on positioning THEO Technologies' software products as components into their larger customer or reference solutions;
- Investigate and answer customer service request tickets, being bugs, feature requests or technical questions;
- Support project managers, sales, product owners and engineering with technical requirements capture and definition of software development work in customers environments based on THEO Technologies product portfolio;
- Supporting sales and accounts teams in mapping detailed technical customer requirement by describing product capabilities, limitation and extensions;
- Apply and nurture your software engineering skills throughout various platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, Web, …) and frameworks;
- Identify, define and scope out software integration of THEO Technologies products as components in new or existing solutions for our global customers;
- Actively solve problems across organizational boundaries as a product and industry expert.
- 5+ years of experience in a mixture of software development and Solution Architecture roles;
- Experience with technically supporting the sales process of software components/SDKs used in customer solutions;
- Experience in working with customers (remote and face-to-face) discussing their requirements, and translating those requirements into solid architectural proposals; identifying solution gaps and translating those into concise requirements;
- Tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm.
- Very good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English. Additional languages are a plus;
- Experience in front-end application development (e.g. Web, iOS, Android), and experience in related technologies;
- Experience in how front-end applications interact with backend-systems to create business solutions, preferable in the Pay TV and/or OTT video delivery solution space;
- Experience with video advertising and video analytics technology is a plus;
- Knowledge of Agile development process and tooling;
- High level of ownership, and a strong desire to learn;
- Ability to train and coach junior people;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment.