Senior/Principal Software Innovation Engineer who will bring the online video experience to higher levels
Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a deep tech B2B company, on a mission to shape the rapidly evolving online video landscape. The media industry that we have long known is rapidly changing. Media consumption patterns have shifted towards online video. As a company we provide high-impact media solutions for media companies around the world that enables them to offer exceptional video experiences across any device.
With our flagship product THEOplayer, used by tier 1 media companies worldwide, we are a recognized market leader in the video playback domain. THEO Technologies was ranked among the 50 Fastest Growing Technology Companies in the EMEA region in 2018 and the Fastest Growing Media and Entertainment Technology Company in Belgium both in 2018 and 2019 by Deloitte. The company has also been awarded the Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player category for the last 3 years running (2017, 2018, 2019), confirming its game changing role.
We are a group of 95+ streaming media enthusiasts from 25+ countries, embarked on a journey to revolutionize the online video experience, one technology at a time. Our video streaming experts work together to innovate and improve every facet of online video delivery on a daily basis. As a part of the THEO team, you will work closely with other bright-minded team members, with endless opportunities of exciting projects for you to take as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. With an unwritten culture of respect, diversity and 'work hard, play hard', you will not only find a group of talented colleagues but also friends whom you can spend time with; either with a cup of coffee, walking around the premises or in our gaming corner.
Do you have a high level of technical excellence & creativity that you want to use to advance the online video industry?
As a Senior/Principal Innovation Engineer at THEO Technologies, you participate in our industrial research activities leading up to THEO's world-class products.
You work on innovative new concepts, such as new streaming protocols and advanced user experiences. You contribute to collaborative research projects. You create new insights, new specifications and reference implementations for transfer to the business teams. You support the engineering teams in turning the innovation ideas into real products.
You become part of the innovation team where everyone is passionate about preparing new technologies for improving THEO Technologies’ product portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
Desired Skills & Experience
- After an introduction period, video delivery has little secrets for you. You know how to improve and extend the video delivery pipeline and video delivery user experience for our customers;
- You follow new trends and stay up-to-date with the latest technologies;
- You propose new ideas for extending the product portfolio and existing products;
- You design, architect and implement new prototypes from start to finish;
- You and your team work together to go from high level concepts to a low-level specification, execution plan and reference implementation;
- You coach & train junior team members.
- Senior 7+ years (or Principal 12+ years) of relevant experience (as developer, support engineer, technology specialist, research engineer, …);
- Master or PhD in computer science, engineering, or related field…;
- You are passionate about new technologies and enjoy experimenting;
- Experience in common software engineering practices;
- Knowledge of web and mobile technologies and the bridges between them;
- Knowledge of software architecture is expected;
- Experience of online or other video industry, developing online media, video or advertising technology products is a big plus;
- Proven ability to rapidly understand new technologies and acquire new skills;
- You’re a team player who knows when to work together and when to fly solo;
- Lots of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm;
- Love the challenges and atmosphere of a young and fast-growing company.
What We Offer
- A stimulating working culture that promotes learning & development;
- CEO of your career - various career growth possibilities;
- Competitive salary with benefits (pension, insurance, etc.);
- Using different frameworks & languages on various platforms;
- Your chance to impact millions of users through the power of video;
- Flexible working hours with remote work options;
- World class colleagues that inspire each other to give their best;
- 25+ different nationalities in an all-inclusive & diverse environment;
- Work hard, play hard - engaging monthly team activities.