Technical Product Manager
Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a deep tech B2B company, on a mission to shape the rapidly evolving online video landscape. The media industry that we have long known is rapidly changing. Media consumption patterns have shifted towards online video. As a company we provide high-impact media solutions for media companies around the world that enables them to offer exceptional video experiences across any device.
With our flagship product THEOplayer, used by tier 1 media companies worldwide, we are a recognised market leader in the video playback domain. The company has been awarded the Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player category for the last 3 years running (2017, 2018, 2019), confirming its game changing role.
THEO was awarded the Fastest Growing Technology Company in the Media and Entertainment Category in the Belgian Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Awards in both 2018 and 2019.
Our culture is based on trust, high performance and self-development where we believe in a more organic culture with the right balances and motivations.
THEO Technologies is looking for a Technical Product Manager to help innovate around online media, video and advertising technology and execute product initiatives across the company.
The role reports to the Director Product Management.
Our mission is to give our customers the tools, knowledge and means to deliver and monetize their video content on every platform and device. Through our growing family of products and services, we've built a different kind of company that strives for customer satisfaction.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will work closely with the engineering team, refining the visions and planning out roadmaps for the different products. In order to collect requirements, you will be working closely with sales and customer success teams as well as interacting with customers. In parallel, from a product marketing side, you will be collaborating with the marketing team on messaging and product communication towards potential customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Refining product strategy and planning roadmaps together with the engineering team;
- Leading the ideation, requirements specification, technical development and launch of innovative products or product enhancements;
- Performing customer interviews, usability studies, research and market analysis and processing the results in new product requirements with the goal of enhancing the overall customer satisfaction;
- Establishing shared vision across the company by creating consensus around product priorities;
- Informing and teaching teams about new and upcoming products, product enhancements and industry evolutions;
- Defining metrics that measure the success of products;
- Understanding THEO Technologies' strategic and competitive position and delivering products that are recognized best in the industry.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master degree in IT, Computer science or related field;
- 1+ years of product management experience, including delivery of entire products start to finish;
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills (written and verbal);
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience with planning and managing projects and (cross-functional) teams;
- Experience developing online media, video or advertising technology products is strongly desired;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment;
- Tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Loving the challenges and atmosphere of a young and fast-growing company.
What We Offer
- Passionate colleagues looking at redefining the video industry;
- A versatile full-time job in the animated city Leuven;
- A competitive salary with plenty of extra benefits;
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up conquering the world;
- A place to learn and get in touch with the cutting edge of online video;
- The company itself is doing exceptionally well. For career-motivated people, there will be upward mobility;
- A stimulating working environment;
- Flexible hours;
- Regular and fun team activities.