Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a deep tech B2B company, on a mission to shape the rapidly evolving online video landscape. The media industry that we have long known is rapidly changing. Media consumption patterns have shifted towards online video. As a company we provide high-impact media solutions for media companies around the world that enables them to offer exceptional video experiences across any device.
With our flagship product THEOplayer, used by tier 1 media companies worldwide, we are a recognised market leader in the video playback domain. The company has been awarded the Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player category for the last 3 years running (2017, 2018, 2019), confirming its game changing role.
THEO was awarded the Fastest Growing Technology Company in the Media and Entertainment Category in the Belgian Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Awards in both 2018 and 2019.
Our culture is based on trust, high performance and self-development where we believe in a more organic culture with the right balances and motivations.
To further mature the finance operations in line with economic growth, expanding international offices and creating readiness for the next fundraising round, THEO Technologies has opened up a position of VP Finance.
The candidate THEO Technologies is looking for provides hands-on finance leadership: staying close to THEO’s business operations, rolling-up the sleeves putting mature financial planning, debt financing, quality controls and automation in place. Be a subject matter expert in analyzing and interpreting financial data and forecasting. The ideal candidate has previous experience in raising capital and financing growth.
This position reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), collaborates closely with the CEO on strategic matters and has exposure to the Board of Directors and future investors and financial institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate line-of-business financial planning and budget management;
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance;
- Monitor and analyze monthly OPEX against budget and drive continuous improvements;
- Take process ownership and oversee daily operations of finance and accounting;
- Manage preparation of financial reporting and forecasts (incl. board meetings);
- Coordinate financial audits, provide and act on procedural recommendations;
- Scan for funding sources & grants, support in the application process and follow-through;
- Optimize portfolio of insurance policies and risk analysis amidst expanding operations;
- Support the setup and expansion of local offices (US, APAC, EU) and their operations;
- Keep oversight and consolidate financial reporting;
- Optimize international fiscal setup, taxation, and transfer pricing;
- Organize due diligence, funding, and potentially integrations of acquisition targets;
- Support in Series B fundraising, organize due diligence, be first point of contact to investors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience;
- At least 5 years of experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position;
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections;
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, investment & profitability analysis;
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
What We Offer
- A versatile full-time job in the animated city Leuven;
- An attractive salary with plenty of extra benefits;
- The opportunity to work for an exciting scale-up conquering the world;
- A stimulating working environment;
- Nice and passionate colleagues;
- Flexible hours;
- Fresh fruit twice a week;
- Regular and fun team activities.