DOWNLOAD THE VOD WITH Q&A
Thursday, February 24th, 2022
5pm CET / 11am EST
Michel Roofthooft - VP Engineering at THEO
Hileny Maduro - Product Manager at THEO
Discover the newest THEOplayer updates explained by THEO's experts
Disrupting industry's video playback capabilities
We’re thrilled to announce a major version bump to THEOplayer 3.0, which officially releases all the developments and improvements we’ve done in the past few months. This new version is backward compatible for general use. We'll be sharing insights about:
- Unified Android SDK
- A single SDK for all Android devices, including mobile, Smart TVs and Set-Top Boxes.
- Support Widevine level 1 DRM encryption.
- Package Managers
- Automatic version management and time-to-live.
- The modular development approach provides more flexibility to build connectors for other solutions.
- Smart TVs & Set-Top Boxes
- Performant seamless multi-period DASH playback with and without DRM on Tizen and webOS supporting advanced SSAI use-cases.
- Optimized performance on RDK and Android TV STBs.
- Hight Efficiency Streaming through HESP
- Sub-Second Latency at scale.
- Fast channel change, immediately at the live latency.
- Low Latency
- Support superior playback through LL-DASH and LL-HLS on all THEOplayer SDKs.
- Proven end-to-end compatibility with other vendors.