Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a fast growing scale-up on a mission to change the way the world streams video over the internet. We empower the world’s leading media and entertainment companies to deliver cutting-edge video services, efficiently and on any device. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which simplifies video streaming with a universal video player across different devices and platforms (browser, Android, iOS, Roku, ...) offering a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics, and so on. Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP (High Efficiency Streaming Protocol).
In our industry it’s not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and grow.
Ever seen the last COVID update on vrtnu? That’s us! Have you ever streamed a movie through VOO TV, Yugo or Yelo? That’s us! Have you watched the American presidential election on CNN? Also us!
As an iOS Developer at THEO Technologies, you will strengthen our Mobile Competence Center. You will help design, develop and maintain the iOS-specific components of our video player. You keep an eye on performance and reusability and are not afraid of developing hybrid solutions to achieve an optimal result.
Being a cross-platform solution, the THEOplayer codebase is developed in a hybrid of TypeScript and native languages like Swift, Kotlin and Java.
You love the challenge of a technically complex product and believe that every technical challenge can be overcome by good architecture, clean code and teamwork.
You get the chance to share your knowledge with your colleagues and have the opportunity to learn from them. All our engineers are both specialists in certain domains and generalists in our technology. We are a fast-growing company, which creates many opportunities to constantly evolve and grow in your role.
What you'll learn and do
- As one of our specialists, you help design, develop and maintain the THEOplayer iOS SDKs, available on Mobile (iOS, iPadOS), and Apple TV;
- You keep up to date with the latest evolutions in iOS development and ensure our solution remains the best for iOS users;
- You’re a vibrant part of our team of passionate developers. Depending on your level of experience, you get the opportunity to mentor juniors and work with other developers on certain critical domains;
- Work together with product managers to analyze functional requirements and design, document and implement an appropriate solution;
- Work together with in-house testers to bring the quality of our solutions to a world-class level;
- Occasionally, you work directly with our customers to help them deploy our product in their IOS apps and resolve any issues they are facing;
- You work in an agile team. This means you should feel comfortable with working in short sprints, pair programming, daily standups, test-driven development, …
- Medior (2+ years) or Senior (5+ years) of experience as an iOS software developer;
- Bachelor’s in informatics, master’s in computer science, …
- Experienced in common software engineering practices like version management, git, unit testing, code documentation, CI/CD, ...
- Expert knowledge of the iOS frameworks, Swift and Object-oriented design principles;
- You’re experienced with the AVFoundation framework, or interested to learn more about it;
- You’re a team player that knows when to work together and when to fly solo;
- Knowledge of TypeScript will be an important advantage;
- You are able to identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms;
You’ll definitely catch our attention if you tick one or more of the following boxes:
- Authored or contributed to the development of an iOS framework;
- Experienced in using Xcode command line tools and fastlane for build automation;
- You know your way around Jenkins CI server and creating automation pipelines;
- Familiarity with the Objective-C language.
- Published frameworks on platforms such as Cocoapods, Carthage or SPM.