New York City, United States
THEO Technologies is looking for a proven, high-performing Sales Director to help us meet our ambitious growth objectives in the online video industry. We are looking for a charismatic and motivational leader who can help take our business to the next level.
The role reports to the VP Sales and will involve managing an active customer pipeline and closing new business to deliver exceptional revenue growth in our fast-growing global industry. Target customers will be telecommunications service providers, online video publishers, broadcasters and content producers across all regions of the world.
The online video industry is growing at lightning speed. THEOplayer plays a pivotal role in the evolving video landscape and is a recognised market leader in the video player domain. In 2017 THEOplayer won the Streaming Media Reader's Choice Award in the Video Player /SDK category, confirming its game changing role.
The successful candidate has experience in the IPTV, OTT, broadcast and/or publishing market, history of strategic account management and with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
What you'll learn and do
- Develop plans and strategies for growing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Work as a key part of a dynamic team to drive sales across segments and regions.
- Management of a Sales Squad focused on achieving sales targets.
- Identify, sell to and manage key customer relationships and close or participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Management and upselling into existing Tier 1 accounts.
- Budget management.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting & reporting.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity.
- Responsibility for developing a repeatable strategic account framework in conjunction with the senior management team.
- Bring your experience and ideas to advance our company's vision for the future.
- Travel occasionally for conferences, events and customer meetings.
- Be a brand enthusiast for THEO Technologies.
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a scale-up on a mission to change the way the world streams video over the internet. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which enables our customers to stream videos on all kinds of devices and platforms (Web, Android, iOS, Roku, ...). Chances are high you have used it already. Maybe watched a video on Vrt Nu, Yelo or CNN? That's all THEOplayer! It offers a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics and so on.
Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP (High Efficiency Streaming Protocol). While making it an industry standard, we also offer it for end-users as a full streaming infrastructure package on THEOLive.
In our industry it's not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and grow.
- 10+ years of successful B2B sales experience in a revenue closing executive role.
- Knowledge of the online video industry (IPTV, OTT, broadcast and/or publishing) is imperative.
- Be familiar with both SaaS and Enterprise business models.
- Proven track record managing and achieving aggressive growth goals.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to rapidly up-skill.
- Strong relationship building ability including sustaining long-term customer relationships.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial, with a bias towards action and a collaborative nature.
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: courteous, well-spoken and polished.
- Tons of energy, passion, humour and enthusiasm.
- Understand the dynamics of an international fast-growing scale-up.
What we offer
- A versatile full-time job in the animated city of New York
- A competitive salary with plenty of extra benefits.
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up conquering the world.
- A place to learn and get in touch with the cutting edge of online video.
- The company itself is doing exceptionally well. For career-motivated people, there will be upward mobility.
- A stimulating working environment.
- Nice and passionate colleagues.
- Flexible hours.
- Regular and fun team activities.
Does this sound interesting to you?
Apply by sending us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.