High efficiency streaming
Delivering low latency, fast channel change, at scale. Our HESP-ready solutions leverage HESP to power cost-efficient interactivity at scale and a leanback TV experience over OTT through capabilities such as sub-second latency at scale, fast channel change, improved ABR, bandwidth savings and cross-platform support.
HESP is an adaptive HTTP-based video streaming protocol which brings superior quality of experience for online viewers, while reducing the cost for scaling media delivery.
- Near real time interactivity.
- No spoiled user experiences.
- In sync delivery across devices.
- Interactive user experiences.
Enhanced viewer experience
- Instant zapping & seeking times.
- Full adaptative bitrate (ABR) to respond to all different kind of network conditions.
Up to 20% reduction in bandwidth and costs
- Costs saving for content distributors.
- Re-invest bandwidth saving in delivery of more and higher quality videos.
Scales over existing infrastructure
- Deliver over standard CDN's.
- Compatible with standard encoders.
- Cross-platform playback.
- DRM compatible.
THEO is proud to be a founding member of the HESP Alliance
The HESP Alliance brings together streaming video vendors and media companies to provide superior online video quality of experience at reduced cost through standardizing and advancing the High-Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP) and marketing of HESP-ready solutions.