Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
What you'll learn and do
- Tackle difficult challenges in TypeScript;
- Be proactive at improving the THEOplayer code base, architecture and functionality;
- You're a vibrant part of our team of passionate developers and help juniors to improve their coding practices;
- Work together with product managers to analyze functional requirements and design, document and implement an appropriate solution;
- You work in an agile team. This means you should feel comfortable with working in short sprints, pair programming, daily standups, …
- Get familiar with our in-house multi-platform test setup that puts feature testing to the next level.
- Occasionally, you work directly with our customers to resolve any issues they are facing.
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a scale-up on a mission to change the way the world streams video over the internet. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which enables our customers to stream videos on all kinds of devices and platforms (Web, Android, iOS, Roku, ...). Chances are high you have used it already. Maybe watched a video on Vrt Nu, Yelo or CNN? That's all THEOplayer! It offers a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics and so on.
Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP (High Efficiency Streaming Protocol). While making it an industry standard, we also offer it for end-users as a full streaming infrastructure package on THEOLive.
In our industry it's not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and grow.
- You have an excellent eye for good code architecture and clean code;
- You are happy to mentor junior software developers and help them improve their coding practices;
- You gained some experience with core web technologies like fetch, streams, … and experience with streaming media is an advantage;
- You're a team player that knows when to work together and when to fly solo;
- You have tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm;
What we offer
- A competitive salary with plenty of extra benefits;
- The opportunity to work for an exciting scale-up with a stimulating working environment, which values action, courage and curiosity with stunning and passionate colleagues;
- Personal development: a chance to grow and to develop your strengths while working with many bright minds and to get in touch with the cutting edge of online video;
- A hybrid working policy with flexible working hours;
- Regular and fun team activities.
Does this sound interesting to you?
Apply by sending us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.