New York City, United States
As a Solutions Engineer at THEO Technologies, you’re the champion of our customers. You’re the product and industry expert, passionate about working with code and with people. You assist the commercial team with closing deals, facilitate the onboarding of new customers, and provide support to existing customers.
You will deal with the world leading Publishers, Broadcasters, TV service providers and OTT video providers on a daily basis. You will collaborate on all technical aspects of our solution portfolio with customers, sales, product management and the development teams to continue to define the leading edge of streaming media.
In summary, you will be instrumental in growing the business and will contribute to successful delivery on customer projects world-wide.
What you'll learn and do
- Collaborate with partners and customer facing teams on positioning THEO Technologies' software products as components into their larger customer or reference solutions;
- Investigate and answer customer service request tickets, being bugs, feature requests or technical questions;
- Support sales, product owners and engineering with technical requirements capture and definition of software development work in customers environments based on THEO Technologies product portfolio;
- Supporting sales and customer success teams in mapping detailed technical customer requirement by describing product capabilities, limitation and extensions;
- Apply and nurture your software engineering skills throughout various platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, Web, …) and frameworks;
- Identify, define and scope out software integration of THEO Technologies products as components in new or existing solutions for our global customers;
- Actively solve problems across organizational boundaries as a product and industry expert.
- You develop yourself or support our customers with developing proof-of-concept solutions based on THEO Technologies’ software products.
About THEO Technologies
At THEO Technologies, we are a deep-tech B2B scale-up that is changing the game when it comes to streaming video over the internet. With a global customer base that includes Tier 1 customers across the EMEA, NAM, LATAM, and APAC regions, we are proud to serve some of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
Our flagship product, THEOplayer, empowers these customers to provide cutting-edge video services efficiently and on any device. We simplify video streaming by offering a universal video player that works across various devices and platforms, along with easy integration with leading solutions for content protection, advertisements, and analytics.
In addition to THEOplayer, we have recently launched THEOlive, a cloud-based video API that enables providers of sports betting, iGaming, and interactive entertainment to deliver high-quality, real-time video content to their viewers at scale. THEOlive leverages the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP), which is an ultra-low latency protocol that our team has invented.
At THEO Technologies, we have a bias for action, and we understand that speed is key in our industry. Our culture is built on high performance and self-development, and we believe that a great workplace is one where stunning colleagues work together and inspire each other to learn and grow.
- You have 7+ years of experience in a mixture of software development and Solution Architecture roles in the Pay TV and/or OTT video delivery solution space where you learned to give technical support in the sales process of software components/SDKs used in customer solutions;
- You excel in working with customers (remote and face-to-face) discussing their requirements, and translating those requirements into solid architectural proposals; identifying solution gaps and translating those into concise requirements;
- Your personality consists of tons of energy, passion, humor and enthusiasm.
- You are a native or excellent English speaker, with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Additional languages are a plus;
- You have experience in front-end application development (e.g. Web, iOS, Android), and experience in related technologies and you know how front-end applications interact with backend-systems to create business solutions, preferable;
- You take ownership, and you have a strong desire to learn;
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- Preferably you live in or near to New York City in order to be able to commute to our NY office regularly.
What we offer
- An attractive salary with extra benefits;
- The opportunity to work for an exciting scale-up with a stimulating working environment, which values action, courage and knowledge, with stunning and passionate colleagues;
- Personal development: a chance to grow and to develop your strengths and bringing up the best of yourself;
- A hybrid working policy with flexible working hours.
- The exciting challenge to establish our US office.