Streaming Media Account Director
Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
As a Streaming Media Account Director we trust you with the source of life of our company: our customers and partners. In this role you grow long-lasting and trusted relationships with existing high-value customers and partners and you ensure an outstanding service experience throughout the customer lifecycle.
To summarize things briefly: You’ll be the crucial link between the customer and THEO.
What you'll learn and do
In short: you’re the lead point of contact for all matters related to a portfolio of existing accounts. This includes:
- Understanding and representing our THEO technology and embracing the video streaming industry;
- Growing and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer & partnership relationships;
- Create opportunities and develop new business within existing accounts;
- Overseeing commercial account management including tendering, negotiations, contract management, and invoicing to maximize life-time value;
- Liaise with internal teams to deliver and improve the overall customer experience;
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions and professional services according to customer needs and objectives;
- Knowledge sharing about customer and partners needs and industry insights;
- Contributions to product innovations and product roadmap;
- Forecast and track account metrics and act for continuous improvements.
About THEO Technologies
THEO is a scale-up on a mission to change the way the world streams video over the internet. Our flagship product is THEOplayer which enables our customers to stream videos on all kinds of devices and platforms (Web, Android, iOS, Roku, ...). Chances are high you have used it already. Maybe watched a video on Vrt Nu, Yelo or CNN? That's all THEOplayer! It offers a variety of features like content protection, advertisements, analytics and so on.
Next to THEOplayer we work on the future of streaming with some innovative technologies like our own ultra low-latency streaming protocol HESP (High Efficiency Streaming Protocol). While making it an industry standard, we also offer it for end-users as a full streaming infrastructure package on THEOLive.
In our industry it's not the big fish eating the small but the fast fish eating the slow. Therefore we have a bias for action with a culture that is built on high performance and self-development. We believe a great workplace is stunning colleagues working together and inspiring each other to learn and grow.
- Above all, a strong drive and motivation to excel are key and so are the ability to build and maintain sustainable relationships (both internal and external).
- It would be great if you have online video streaming experience within the Telco’s, Broadcasters and/or OTT industry. If not, no worries, you’re most welcome if you have work experience as technical or commercial account manager in a professional services or software implementation company.
- You have the ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization and to manage and grow multiple accounts.
- You’re an excellent listener, negotiator and communicator with high proficiency in English
- You love the dynamics of an international scale-up.
What we offer
- An attractive salary package with plenty of extra benefits;
- The opportunity to work for an exciting scale-up with a stimulating working environment, which values action, courage and knowledge, with stunning and passionate colleagues;
- Personal development: a chance to grow and to develop your strengths and bringing up the best of yourself;
- A hybrid working policy with flexible working hours.
- A pretty cool office with snacks, drinks, a game corner and fun team activities.
Beginning of your life at THEO
- First: call with HR and your VP
- Second call: technical discussion with one of your team members. (based on your experience and requirements of the role a short preliminary “homework” can be requested by the interviewer and the solution will be discussed during the call)
- Third call: making an offer
- Within the first month you will
- Get up to speed on our architecture and learn about video streaming
- Implement your first bugfix or a small feature
- Have pairing sessions and do code reviews with your peers
- Play foosball and Super Smash Bros with your colleagues
- Within the first 3 months you will
- Scope and implement new features that our customers love
- Make improvements on how we test, review, and ship code to improve quality
- Get familiar with our in-house multi-platform test setup that puts feature testing to the next level.
- Within the first 6 months you will
- Be the go-to person for several features you worked on
- Be able to debug complex issues in a multi-platform environment
- Have your own initiatives for improving the code base and come up with enhancements
- Have fun on our company Hackathon
- Within the first 12 months you will
- Be able to scope, architect and build any feature we might want across multiple teams
- Mentor new engineers joining the team
- Have opportunity to lead your team and help them plan and deliver their work