VP Global Sales
Leuven, Belgium (Europe)
As the VP of Global Sales at THEO Technologies, your main responsibility will be to lead and manage our global sales team. You will have a proven track record of closing deals and building winning sales teams, and you will embody the "make-it-repeatable" spirit to help us achieve our goals. You will have a passion for closing deals and hiring and recruiting top talent, and you will know how to build the processes necessary to repeat success over and over again.
In this role, you will work closely with our product and marketing teams to develop and execute sales strategies that will drive revenue growth for the company. You will also be instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with key partners and alliances that are critical to our success.
To be successful in this role, you should have excellent communication and leadership skills, and be able to motivate and inspire your team to achieve their goals. You should also develop a strong understanding of the video streaming industry and be able to leverage that knowledge to drive sales growth. Finally, you should be a hands-on pragmatic manager who can develop and execute on long-term plans to drive the company's success.
What you'll learn and do
As the VP of Global Sales at THEO Technologies, you will play a critical role in leading and managing our global sales team. You will be the driving force of a high-performing sales team, with a heart for people and an eagle eye on numbers. You will make it happen when it comes to revenue growth with your ability to scale and to get revenue to the next level. Your primary focus will be on developing and executing a global sales strategy that supports our overall business objectives, identifying new business opportunities, and building and maintaining relationships with key partners and alliances to ensure revenue growth and that our sales team meets or exceeds our targets.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and execute a global sales strategy that supports our overall business objectives and identifies new market opportunities.
- Manage the sales team, providing coaching and mentorship to help them meet their targets.
- Build a repeatable sales process and identify opportunities for automation to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor sales performance metrics and use data to drive decisions and make improvements.
- Continuously improve our sales team's skills, product knowledge, and industry expertise through training and development programs.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization to ensure alignment and effective execution of our sales strategy.
- Establish, develop, and grow a well-defined qualification process, sales motion, and closing process to ensure our success is repeatable and scalable.
- Accelerate the ramp time of new hires by providing sales and process training.
- Manage our sales funnel, ensuring the team uses our CRM tool (currently HubSpot) in an optimal way and keeping it up to date.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners and alliances in the video streaming space.
- Analyze market trends and stay informed about emerging technologies and industry developments to ensure we stay ahead of the competition.
- Provide input into the development of sales strategies, marketing campaigns, and product development initiatives.
- Lead the effort to build a strong company culture and team spirit within the sales organization, focusing on employee engagement and retention.
- Occasionally travel for trade shows and/or meetings.
- Work closely with the leadership team to help set the direction of the sales organization.
If you're a results-driven sales leader with a passion for building winning teams and achieving ambitious goals, we want to hear from you!
About THEO Technologies
At THEO Technologies, we are a deep-tech B2B scale-up that is changing the game when it comes to streaming video over the internet. With a global customer base that includes Tier 1 customers across the EMEA, NAM, LATAM, and APAC regions, we are proud to serve some of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
Our flagship product, THEOplayer, empowers these customers to provide cutting-edge video services efficiently and on any device. We simplify video streaming by offering a universal video player that works across various devices and platforms, along with easy integration with leading solutions for content protection, advertisements, and analytics.
In addition to THEOplayer, we have recently launched THEOlive, a cloud-based video API that enables providers of sports betting, iGaming, and interactive entertainment to deliver high-quality, real-time video content to their viewers at scale. THEOlive leverages the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP), which is an ultra-low latency protocol that our team has invented.
At THEO Technologies, we have a bias for action, and we understand that speed is key in our industry. Our culture is built on high performance and self-development, and we believe that a great workplace is one where stunning colleagues work together and inspire each other to learn and grow.
- You are a seasoned sales management professional with over 10 years of experience in B2B technology companies.
- Having worked at startups or scale-ups before, you possess a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities of a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- As a natural motivator, you inspire and guide your team to reach their full potential and achieve outstanding results.
- With your extensive knowledge of sales strategies and methodologies, you consistently exceed targets and drive revenue growth.
- You are a native or fluent English speaker, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You take a pragmatic, hands-on approach to sales management, focusing on tangible results and practical solutions.
- Your personality combines drive, enthusiasm, and positivity, inspiring others to do their best and enjoy the journey.
Going for gold?
- You have a solid track record of working in or with the online video industry, and possess a deep understanding of its trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- You are based in Belgium, and ready to become an integral part of our team, collaborating closely with colleagues and stakeholders.
What we offer
- An attractive salary with plenty of extra benefits.
- The opportunity to work for an exciting scale-up with a stimulating working environment, which values impact, courage and ownership with stunning and passionate colleagues.
- Personal development: a chance to grow and to develop your strengths while working with many bright minds.
- A hybrid working policy with flexible working hours.
- A pretty cool office with snacks, drinks, a game corner and great team activities and we promise not to make you wear a suit and tie every day (unless you want to, of course).